The MacArthur Memorial is a museum and research center dedicated to preserving and presenting the story of the life of General of the Army Douglas MacArthur. The Memorial also pays tribute to the millions of men and women who served with General MacArthur in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War.
Situated in downtown Norfolk, VA the Memorial consists of a museum, archive and research center, education center, theater, welcome center, and a gift shop. A visit to the Memorial will allow you to explore the life of one of America’s greatest and most complex leaders. Admission is FREE.
We have returned. Now you can return too!
The MacArthur Memorial reopened on July 1, 2020.
Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sundays 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
The MacArthur Memorial has also implemented several important changes to operations. Visitors can also expect:
- The Memorial building and the Visitors Center will be limited to 25% capacity to facilitate social distancing.
- Visitors will follow a labeled one-way path through the galleries
- Interactive exhibits are temporarily closed
- The theater and the Jean MacArthur Library and Research Center will remain closed to the public. Please continue to send research requests by phone/email.
- Guided tours and ceremonies will not be offered during this time
- Facility Rental is temporarily suspended
- MacArthur Memorial staff members will wear face masks in public areas
- Visitors ages 10 and up will be asked to wear a face mask indoors
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be in place throughout public areas
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout the buildings
As health and safety permits, the MacArthur Memorial will gradually adjust operations to restore additional services and experiences.
Wed Sep. 2
Tue Sep. 22
Thu Nov. 19