The MacArthur Memorial is a museum and research center dedicated to preserving and presenting the story of the life of General of the Army Douglas MacArthur. The Memorial also pays tribute to the millions of men and women who served with General MacArthur in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War. Situated in downtown Norfolk, VA the Memorial consists of a museum, archive and research center, education center, theater, welcome center, and a gift shop. A visit to the Memorial will allow you to explore the life of one of America’s greatest and most complex leaders. Admission is FREE.
TUESDAY-SATURDAY, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Masks are required inside the MacArthur Memorial regardless of vaccination status.
- The Jean MacArthur Research Center is open to researchers by appointment. Research requests can also still be made by phone/email. (757-441-2965)
- After hours facility rental is temporarily suspended
- Visitors are encouraged to continue practicing social distancing
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout the buildings
As health and safety permits, the MacArthur Memorial will gradually adjust operations to restore additional services and experiences.
On October 15, 2021 at 10:00 A.M., the MacArthur Memorial will open a new special exhibit entitled: Command Presence: MacArthur, Media & Mass Appeal. This new exhibit will explore MacArthur's relationship with the press and the role mass media plays in the perception of heroes, villains, and major events. It will also trace MacArthur's evolution as a pop-culture figure and highlight the continued international resonance of this image. More details to follow!
Thu Oct. 14 - Wed Oct. 27
Fri Oct. 15 - Fri Oct. 14
Tue Dec. 7